10 Reasons You Can’t Wait for the Petes Home Opener
On September 21 the Petes kick off their regular season against the 2016/17 OHL champions, the Erie Otters. The only regular bowl tickets remaining are in the “Supporter Section”, with half price tickets available for just $10. Click here to get the best deal on season tickets. Starting at 4 pm, Darling Insurance will be hosting the home opener kickoff party in the PMC parking lot. Entrance to the party is free with the a game ticket, and will include performances by Petes’ alumnus Matt McCartney and his band the Northern Roads.
Here are a few reasons, we can’t wait for puck drop tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m.
1. It’s the time of the year when you get to watch Jonathan Ang drive the net, scoring from absurd angles.
2. Adam Timleck’s physical play along the boards.
3. Logan DeNoble’s work in front of the net…
4. …and Chris Paquette burying the puck.
5. Another season for shorthanded goals…
6. …and Bash Brothers.
7. Cole Fraser sacrificing the body in the name of blocking shots.
8. One-time shots resulting in goals from Matyas Svoboda.
9. We finally get to see Dylan Wells slide across the crease…
10. …and of course, deny shots with that glove.
Happy Home Opener Eve!