Petes to Play Niagara IceDogs in Eastern Conference Quarter-Final beginning on Thursday
After clinching the East Division title and the first seed in the Eastern Conference on Thursday, the Petes’ first round schedule and opponent for the OHL Playoffs has been confirmed.
The Petes will play the Central Division’s third ranked Niagara IceDogs in a best-of-seven series in the Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals beginning on Thursday. The full schedule is as follows:
- Game One: Thursday, March 23, 2017 @ 7:05pm – Peterborough Memorial Centre
- Game Two: Saturday, March 25, 2017 @ 7:05pm – Peterborough Memorial Centre
- Game Three: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 @ 7:00pm – Meridian Centre
- Game Four: Thursday, March 30, 2017 @ 7:00pm – Meridian Centre
- Game Five: Saturday, April 1, 2017 @ 7:05pm – Peterborough Memorial Centre (if necessary)
- Game Six: Monday, April 3, 2017 @ 7:00pm – Meridian Centre (if necessary)
- Game Seven: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 @ 7:05pm – Peterborough Memorial Centre (if necessary)
Peterborough had a 3-1-0-0 record against Niagara during the regular season, and are 9-9 all-time against Niagara-region teams in the playoffs, including series in 1968, 1979, and 1989.
The last time the Petes met a Niagara-region team in the post-season was in 1989, when they defeated the Niagara Falls Thunder 4-2 in the OHL Championship en route to the Memorial Cup. Ten years earlier, the Petes beat the Niagara Falls Flyers 4-3 to win the OHL Championship before winning the Memorial Cup.
Tickets are available for playoff home games one and two by visiting the Peterborough Memorial Centre Collins Barrow Box Office online, in person, or by phoning (705) 743-3561. Playoff group tickets are also available by phoning (705) 743-3681. Be sure to download the new Petes Mobile App for Android or iPhone for the latest news, contests, info, and the Petes Loyalty Rewards Program.