Peterborough Petes players, staff, family, and friends gathered online on Thursday, June 4 for the annual year-end awards ceremony. The night was packed with excellent presentations along with some laughs to commemorate the 2019-20 season.
Following speeches by President Dave Pogue, Head Coach Rob Wilson, and captain Zach Gallant, the following awards were presented:
- Mark Teevens Memorial Award (most assists) – Semyon Der-Arguchintsev (63 assists)
- Ed Redmond Memorial Trophy (scholastics and hockey) – Tye Austin
- Outboard Marine Veterans Award (sportsmanship and ability) – Nick Robertson
- Black’s Family Trophy (rookie of the year) – Mason McTavish
- Vince and Lottie Garvey Award (off-ice contribution) – Barry & Kim Driscoll (academic advisors)
- Molson Cup (most three star selections voted by media) – Nick Robertson
- Donnie Marsh Memorial Trophy (most dedication to team) – John Parker-Jones
- Ed Rowe Memorial Award (most goals) – Nick Robertson (55 goals)
- Norm Bryan Award (most improved player) – Max Grondin
- Ushers Trophy (best defenceman) – Declan Chisholm
- Bill Bennett/CKPT Memorial Award (leading scorer) – Nick Robertson (86 points)
- Gary Dalliday Award (community service) – Hunter Jones & Akil Thomas
- Petes Executive Trophy (most valuable player voted by teammates) – Nick Robertson
In addition, the Booster Club, Board of Directors, and Alumni Association announced gifts to the graduating and overage players (Zach Gallant, Jacob Paquette, Hudson Wilson, Liam Kirk, Michael Little, Der-Arguchintsev, Parker-Jones, Brady Hinz, Grondin, Thomas, David Maier, Matt McNamara, Jack York, Chisholm, and Jones).
At the end of the evening, General Manager Mike Oke made a final presentation thanking the many individuals who help the team function. To conclude the event, Oke introduced players selected in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection and 2020 OHL Under-18 Priority Selection.
Fans can stay up-to-date with all things Petes by staying tuned to their website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds.