Petes forward Nick Robertson and goaltender Hunter Jones put up excellent numbers at the 2019 NHL Scouting Combine on the weekend in Buffalo. In 18 tests, Robertson finished in the top-25 in 8 tests and top-10 in 3 tests, while Jones finished in the top-25 in 7 tests and top-10 in 4 tests. The Combine gave Robertson and Jones, along with 106 other prospects, the opportunity to showcase themselves for all 31 NHL teams ahead of the 2019 NHL Draft, which will be held at Rogers Arena in Vancouver on June 21-22.
Robertson, who is ranked 17th among eligible North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting, achieved top-25 finishes in the following tests:
- 3rd – Pro Agility Right – 4.32 seconds
- 5th – Pull Ups (consecutive) – 15
- 9th – No Arm Jump – 20.12 inches
- 13th – Body Fat Percentage – 8.01%
- 14th – Pro Agility Left – 4.4 seconds
- 21st – Left Hand Grip – 135lbs
- 22nd – Anaerobic Peak Power Output – 15.1 watts/kg
- 24th – Bench Press (50% body weight) – 6.03 watts/kg
Jones, who is the 3rd ranked eligible North American goalie by NHL Central Scouting, earned top-25 finishes in the following tests:
- 3rd – Standing Long Jump – 116.5 inches
- 4th – Right Hand Grip – 160lbs
- 6th – No Arm Jump – 20.45 inches
- 6th – Wingspan – 78.75 inches
- 16th – Left Hand Grip – 140lbs
- 18th – Total Functional Movement Screen Score – 16
- 21st – Squat Jump – 16.12 inches
“The Combine was a long but good experience,” commented Robertson. “I met with a lot of teams and hope that I made a good impression on them.”
“I had a great time in Buffalo. It was a long week but I had a lot of fun, met a lot of new people; the NHL puts on a great event,” added Jones. “It’s an experience not a lot of kids get to have, and I’m glad I was able to be a part of it. I learned a lot and I’m looking forward to Vancouver.”
Other notable OHL players that took part in the combine include Arthur Kaliyev (Hamilton), Thomas Harley (Mississauga), Philip Tomasino (Niagara), and Ryan Suzuki (Barrie).
The Petes will have coverage leading up to and at the 2019 NHL Draft in Vancouver on June 21-22 on their website and social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Looking for the perfect gift for Dad this Father’s Day? For just $50 plus tax, give the gift of a Father’s Day Flex Pack – two regular bowl flex tickets to any Petes home game in October and an adjustable Petes ball cap! Purchase online for free delivery within the City of Peterborough, in person at The Petes Store, or by calling (705) 743-3681.