The Peterborough Petes Billet Family Program plays a major role in our team’s success both on and off the ice. It takes special people to open their homes and hearts to our players and we take the utmost care to ensure our players are placed in environments that are conducive to care, understanding and safety. The Petes organization works diligently to ensure our players are in a suitable housing environment.
We ask that our players be treated like any other member of the billet family. It is important that the player respect the rules of his host family and the host family respect the rules of the hockey club. The values and principles for success that are essential to become a member of the Peterborough Petes will be demanded at the rink, in the home, in the community and in school.
Billet families are responsible for providing the following:
- A clean, smoke-free, welcoming home that a player will feel comfortable in
- A private room with a bed and good mattress
- A private desk/workspace for homework
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Support of team rule enforcement including curfew, community engagement, academic standards, etc.
The Petes could not operate without the support of so many great billet families in our community. Families will receive the following as compensation:
- Two (2) regular bowl season tickets
- Room and board ($85 per week, per player)
- Invitations to exclusive team events
All potential billet families will undergo a home visit by Petes General Manager Michael Oke and Security, Risk Management and Billet Liaison Walter Di Clemente, and each adult in the family will be required to complete a police check.
If you are interested in learning more about the Billet Family Program, or would like to apply to become a billet family, fill out the form below or contact Di Clemente at (705) 743-3681 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.