The Peterborough Petes are pleased to announce the winners of the annual awards that were presented at the team’s year-end banquet on Friday night at the Trentwinds International Centre in Peterborough.
A crowd of over 300 staff, family, friends, fans, and past, present, and future players took in the banquet which was MC’d by Rob Snoek, with excellent speeches by Petes captain Connor Boland, Head Coach Jody Hull, GM Mike Oke, and Vice President Dave Pogue.
Overage goalie Andrew D’Agostini stole the show, winning three awards including the Executive Trophy as team MVP. The full list of awards and winners is as follows:
1. Bill Bennett Award (Leading Scorer) – Nick Ritchie
2. Mark Teevens Award (Most Assists) – Hunter Garlent
3. Ed Rowe Memorial Award (Most Goals) – Nick Ritchie
4. Ed Redmond Memorial Award (Scholastics & Hockey) – Mitchell Webb
5. Outboard Marine Veterans Trophy (Sportsmanship and Hockey) – Eric Cornel
6. Molson Cup (Most 3 Star nominations) – Andrew D’Agostini
7. Don Marsh Award (Most Dedication to the team) – Andrew D’Agostini
8. Black’s Family Trophy (Rookie of the year) – Matt Spencer & Anthony Stefano
9. Vince & Lottie Garvey Award (Significant Off Ice contribution) – Gary Dalliday
10. Norm Bryan Award (Most Improved Player over course of season) – Anthony Stefano
11. Ushers Trophy (Top Defenseman) – Nelson Armstrong
12. Executive Trophy (MVP as voted by teammates) – Andrew D’Agostini
All 1993- and 1994-born players, including D’Agostini, Clark Seymour, Nelson Armstrong, Connor Boland, Michael Clarke, Brandon Devlin, Josh MacDonald, were honoured with special gifts from the Petes Booster Club and Board of Directors. Additionally, D’Agostini, Seymour, and Armstrong were presented Petes Alumni Association jackets.